Sunday, October 5, 2014

Seeking Feedback and Kahoot

Something Different…
I’d like to start an anonymous conversation with 2+ questions
1.     What do you need from me (eg suggestions for improvements, feedback, etc)
2.     What school, district or state policies inhibit student learning and you from doing your job as effectively and efficiently as possible?
3.     Anything else?

Obviously, this is totally anonymous and optional. I’ll keep this survey open for the entire year. You can answer either or all at any point.

Sometimes I’ll use Cougar Communication to explain a policy. Sometimes, I might agree with you (eg “A-B day vs semester block scheduling” but know there’s nothing I can do about it.)

Anyway, I hope it fosters some communication and helps me become a better educator.

Here’s the link http://goo.gl/forms/KAHNoGf5D2

Ideas for the Classroom: Kahoot
Kahoot is a web-based service for creating and sharing student quizzes, surveys or discussion to any web-abled device. Much like Socrative, you create a quiz, survey or discussion for your students. I experimented with Kahoot and found it intuitive and easy to use. It’s easy to add pictures and videos and I like that you can control the pace of the questions. I really like the ability to embed youtube videos, so students can watch a video and then be quizzed on it. It also enables you to embed only a portion of the video, so you can have students watch 2 minutes of the video and then ask a question, watch the next 3 minutes and then ask another question, etc.

Student sign in is easy (either through the app or by going to kahoot.it). Students simply enter a couple of unique digits and their names and they’re ready to go.

Great for:
·      BYOD and technology integration
·      Gamification
·      Formative Assessment
·      Feedback
·      Quizzing
·      Youtube video learning

Administrative Notes
Tomorrow is a flex day and student picture retakes.

Positive Referral Link: http://goo.gl/s0KXRB

Work Order Request Form: http://goo.gl/H7hFwK


What I’m Reading
Throw Out the College Application Process : A New York Times Op-Ed Piece

How Curiosity Enhances The Brain to Enhance Learning : Lots of educational implications in this research-based (it’s short) article

No comments:

Post a Comment